Wednesday 6 May 2009

Day 137: Sketching on the tube

I work in the City of London usually. Today though I am working from a different office in the south of the city. To get here it means a longer train journey and on my way in I found myself sketching a design:


As you can see I am not very good at drawing...but then my pencil was rather blunt...that's my excuse! I intended it to be an embroidery design. Ever since I had my first attempt at embroidery last week I have been itching to have another go, this time with a plan in mind.

I want stitch my gorgeous daughter's name for her using lots of her favourite colours: pink, pink, pink! I thought I might incorporate a few scraps of material in to it as well, quite how I don't know, I will have to work that out when I get to it.

I think I will use light pinks, blues, greens and yellows on a clean white background. This will mean a trip to the craft shop of course, tsk, what a pity ;)

2 comments:

  1. It looks very promising. Do a quick search for "applique" and you'll find lots of advice and inspiration for adding fabric in. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks muddlepud! As luck would have it the day after I wrote that post a programme we have here in the UK covered quilting, and with it applique! It was a brief introduction but enough to get me started, I just hope the results aren't too disasterous... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)