Thursday 11 February 2010

Wonky scraps

I have been having a lot of fun with patchwork this week.  My wonky scraps cushion is coming together very nicely indeed.  Do excuse the poor quality of the photo, the light is just awful at the mo...


It has been a brilliant excuse to spend a good few hours sitting on the floor rifling through all my scraps of fabric, some of it long forgotten like the japanese bird print fabric in the middle.  The flowery fabric you can just see to the left and at the top is from a haberdashery shop in France, I've been dying to use it.

I need to take a trip to the shops to find myself some natural linen fabric to finish it all off this weekend.  I even found a couple of old feather-filled cushion pads in the loft!  I am very excited to see it all come together.

In the meantime I have started another little mini project, something that started out as a doodle during a budget meeting.  Can you guess what it is yet?


All will be revealed in due course!

:)

4 comments:

  1. I recognize a couple of those fabrics! The little bird peeking out from the center is cute.

    I'd like to make a "wonky" type quilt after seeing a wonderful, colorful string-pieced quilt in a book. I like that you can't really make mistakes with wonky quilts.

    Can't wait to see your new thing all fleshed out - you're teasing us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh,I'm very curious to know!

    Bellaboo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. not just me then that drifts off in budget meetings! like the wonky work

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cushion looks great. You've got some lovely fabrics there!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)