Tuesday 11 May 2010

The Cupcake Cafe


After a day out in Margate, collecting shells on the beach and enjoying shell mosaics at the grotto, we needed a place to sit down and get some grub.  After a short tour of the old town I spotted the Cupcake Cafe.  Hubby refused to go in at first, saying that the toasties it offered would not be enough for his manly appetite.  But with Lillia on my side (the chairs outside were pink which was reason enough for her) I soon won that particular argument.


Inside it was delightful, exactly my cup of tea - quiet, quirky and neat...


With little finishing touches like paper lanterns...



After some extremely yummy cheese toasties for me and the little one, and a manly sized portion of beans and cheese on toast that nearly defeated hubby, we moved onto the house speciality - cupcakes!

An oreo cupcake for hubby...


And a lemon cupcake for me...


Yummy yum!  Oh dear now I am drooling...

3 comments:

  1. Love the cup cakes and the bunting - and your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh,I'm drooling too! What a lovely find that cafe was.Noticed those are the same chairs and tables we have.Hope we're going to get more use out of them this Summer than last!

    Bellaboo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a gorgeous place. I wish there was something like that around here. I love those lanterns - i feel a craft project coming on :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)