Thursday 12 August 2010

Monkeys

Mr Snipsnaphappy and I have a bit of a thing for monkeys.  The first gift I bought him very early on in our relationship was a stuffed monkey who we named Munkee...


Munkee has since, over the last eight years or so, travelled everywhere with us.  He's been to the Eden Project in Cornwall...


He has joined us for a few camping holidays...



He has travelled to Scotland, France, Majorca, Spain, and New York City...


 He even came with us on our honeymoon to the Maldives...


Why is this travelling simian relevant you ask?  Well!  The next project in the Happy Hooker Backwards projects is to be...


Yes!  That's the "Li'l Monkey" Baby Hat and Matching Afghan by Carmen Watkins.   It's MONKEY TIME!

The set consists of a blanket and a cute wooly hat, both decorated with crochet monkeys.  Crochet and monkeys in the same sentence = *happiness*


I'll be making the girlier frilly version of the hat (the bottom one in the pic above).  I will also be using girlier colours. I do love the traditional sock monkey combination of red, cream and speckly tan colour, but I feel a little pink would be well received in this house :)

Now all I need to do is to work out how on earth I get hold of Bernat Softee Chunky yarn in the UK...

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. Too bad you have to wait for the yarn. Otherwise you'd have this done today. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)