Thursday 30 June 2011

Builder's Crochet

Well for a crochet nerd like myself I have had a rather exciting week.  First I took delivery of some builder's plumb-line in some interesting colours...

Builder's plumb line for crochet

..and then I managed to track down some jute garden twine (harder to find than I thought)...
Builder's plumb line for crochet

Nope I'm not planning on building a wall and trailing some clematis up it, these are in fact the ingredients for my next project in the Happy Hooker Backwards project!  And what fun I am having crocheting with such a different material than I am used to.  True my hands are getting rough and smell like B&Q, and I have flecks of twine over most of clothes and soft furnishings, but oooh such excitement!
Crocheting with garden twine

It's working up nice and fast too so hopefully I will have a finished result to share with you all soon.

Thanks for the lovely comments on my crocheted iPod cover, I am in the process of writing up my rather haphazard pattern to share here, might take me a wee while longer though, pattern writing is not my fastest skill :)

I shall leave you in anticipation now, I do hope you UK readers are enjoying all this sunshine (unless you are like me and love a bit of autumnal drizzle...)

:)

4 comments:

  1. Wow the colours of those builders plumb-lines are gorgeous, can't wait to see what you make.

    lily x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, those little fibers! I felt like my lungs were full of them when I was knitting with garden twine. So much fun to use a new material, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see your creations they will be fantastic colours.
    {Dab and a dash.}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone :) Great fun to be using such new materials...looking forward to sharing the finished doormat!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)