Monday 12 March 2012

Luna the Unicorn and crochet flower bunting

Amazing how the weeks skip by isn't it?  Life here in the snipsnaphappy household has been manic to say the very least, I am beginning to wonder how anybody mixes work and family life as I am finding it near on impossible to be a mummy at the same time as being an employee all whilst attempting to make sure everyone has clean clothes and the house doesn't crumble under the weight of dust and grime.

We live in such a small house (really, it's teeny) that I have to stay on top of clutter and mess at all times or we just won't get in the front door - but how am I supposed to do this when I leave the house at 6:15am three days a week?  Mind boggling.

Enough of my grumbles though.  Amidst all the daily mayhem I have still had to make some time for creating - with Lillia's 6th birthday coming up very soon I have been hard at work making presents and decorations.  She wants a "meadow" themed party, so lots of bunting, animals, flowers, butterflys and toadstools are the order of the day. I have made flower bunting and mini bunting so far...but more on those in another post. Here's a wee sneak preview though...


Mini bunting in progress

Then of course there's the annual handmade present that Lillia chooses.  In previous years we have had the Pink Ripple Blanket and the Patchwork Scotty Dog and Mr Skelly, this year she wanted a crochet unicorn.  I found the perfect pattern on Etsy and made Luna the Unicorn...

Luna the Unicorn 10

Luna the Unicorn 3

I rather love Luna, the pattern was great fun to do (I never used to understand it when people described a pattern as "fun" but this really was, nothing too fiddly, lots of new little techniques to learn, it really was fun...)

Plus she came out really cute, Lillia is definitely going to love her.

Luna the Unicorn 8


For now though she is hidden away in the ottomon in our bedroom, waiting for the Big Day :) 

Thanks to everyone who took part in our recent swap!  I have some beautiful gifts to share with you this week!  Except, I may have eaten one of my gifts...oops...

x

13th March 12 - Edited to add: Forgot to mention that the pattern for Luna the Unicorn is from this shop on Etsy!

3 comments:

  1. Luna is gorgeous!! She's def gonna love it! ;o)

    have a great week sweetie....

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my oldest little would DIE for that unicorn! So fantastic!

    Truly, I don't know how part- or full-time working moms do it. Keeping up with the home and kids on a full-time basis is quite enough, thank you very much. I admire those who do it all and do it sell well, because I am not cut out of the cloth!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)